So I'm sitting with my gf, her dad, the sister, and the sister's bf eating dinner out and about in RSM here in Sunny Southern California. Somehow, in advisably, the dinner talk got around to politics. The topic was brought up by the gf's sister (i think), despite the warning flash from my gf's eyes (Amanda knows how I get excited about this stuff). The gf's sister (we'll call her Emily) was asking something about politics, and we got started talking about how Amanda's dad and myself share a similar view on politics. I mentioned that I describe my political biews as "commen sense conservatism." Emily and/or Amanda kinda snorted, as if to say that conservatism isn't commen sense. I defended myself, but thought that it would make an excellent posting here. So here we go.
Commen sense Conservatism (CSC for short):
1. You can't spend your way out of a recession, so don't try. When people are having to tighten their belts, the government should too.
2. When tough economic times hit, cut taxes. It's a sure fire way to allow business to flourish. (ty Reagan!)
3. All life is precious (Pro-life)
4. Consequently, the best way to make sure that people don't murder is to enforce the death penalty.
5. When pirates/terrorists threaten you, your family, or your citizens, you respond with extreme force. To not respond with force emboldens your enemy, and invites attacks in the future.
Those are a few short things that I could come up with just sitting here. I'm sure there are more, and I'll post them as I see / remember them.