Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Obama Web thickens

SO Crysler went belly up recently. This should surprise no one. Of course, no one probably even noticed, due to this "Swine Flu Pandemic". What a joke. I turned on CNN the other day, and the talking heads there were trying on masks. Are you kidding me? Less then 200 people have gotten sick from this "pandemic", and the only person to die was a Mexican baby who had come up North to try and get better medical attention. Out of the 304 million something people in the US, we have 150 odd people sick from something, and it's an emergency? I mentioned my minor outrage to a friend, and he told me that he'd rather it was an overreaction then an under reaction. That's fair, but it's going to be like the boy who cried wolf.

**Edit** At this point I was offered a delicious Sunday morning breakfast cinnamon roll. If there's a slight disruption of logical flow, I apologize, and blame the roll. **edit**

If the government, and the media, react this way to a non crisis, what's going to happen when something really dangerous happens? Are we going to become accustomed to this chronic over-reaction, and just assume it's the same non exciting event? Paranoids of the world have no place to be in my government, or my media for that matter. But to be fair, it stopped being my media quite a long time ago, and "my" government suffers from the same malady.

I was talking to a client of mine who is a nurse, and has been for quite some time, about what would happen if the government took over health care. She was adamantly against it. She knew someone in Canada, which has government sponsored health care, that had to wait 6 weeks for cancer treatment. F*ck that. Free crappy health care < expensive good care.

No comments:

Post a Comment